Last Updated January 14, 2020
We may collect and receive information about users of our Services (“users,” “you,” or “your”) from various sources, including: (i) information you provide through your user account on the Services (your “Account”) if you register for the Services; (ii) your use of the Services; and (iii) from third-party websites, services, and partners.
1) INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The Information You Provide
Account Registration. Once you register for an account, you will be asked to provide your contact information, as well as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number. This way, we can get back to you for inquiries or any assistance in relation to our services that you might need.
Communications. When you contact us through our webform, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments that you have sent, and any other information you may choose to provide us with.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you upon asking you to provide your personal information.
Information We Gather When You Use Our Services.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Just like most websites, we obtain certain information automatically and store it in log files. Further, upon using our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. Information may contain internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser that you are using, your internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp of your search, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL. A cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our Services to enable us to collect these data.
Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers in order for us to recognize you. The information that we have gathered through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs are stored to record your preferences. Information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services may be automatically collected. Also, we may track your use across different websites and services. There are countries such as those in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Use of our Services. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your engagement with and utilization, such as storage capacity, processor and memory usage, system-level metrics, and navigation of our Services. We use this data to operate the Services, maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the Services that we provide, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our Services and our customers, as well as provide customer support. We also develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business using the data.
2) HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in several ways, such as:
- Providing, operating, and maintaining our Services;
- Improving, personalizing, and expanding our Services;
- Understanding and analyzing how you use our Services;
- Developing new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Communicating with you to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Processing your transactions;
- Sending you text messages and push notifications;
- Finding and preventing fraud; and
- For compliance purposes as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
3) HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
The information that we have collected from you may be shared in the following ways:
Aggregate Information. If allowed by law, we may use and share information about users with our partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
Signing up Upon Referral. If you have been referred by a friend to sign up for our Services, we may share information with the person who made the referral to let him/her know that you used his/her referral to sign up for our Services.
Business Transfers. In case of business transfers, information may be disclosed and transferred to any potential company which acquires, succeeds or have been assigned as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction of conveyance, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership wherein information is transferred to one or more third parties as part of our business assets.
When Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. Information may also be shared in the following instances: to
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- respond to your inquiries or requests; or
- protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public.
With Your Consent. We will only share information when you have given consent.
4) OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The legal basis for gathering and using the personal information will depend on the type of personal information and the specific context in which we collect it.
We normally collect personal information from you only on the following instances:
- when the personal information is required in the performance of a contract with you;
- when the processing is in our valid interests and not superseded by your rights; or
- when you have given us the consent to do so.
In many cases, we may also be under a legal obligation to gather personal information from you or may be required to collect the personal information to protect your interests or the interest of another person.
When asking you to provide personal information, we will state the ground therefor and will inform you whether or not the provision of your personal information is mandatory, including the possible consequences if you refuse to provide your personal information).
IRON ORBIT is committed to protecting the personal information that you have entrusted with us. We use various security technologies and measures designed to shield information from possible unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We have put in place the measures designed to provide a high level of security appropriate to any risk in the processing your personal information.
6) DATA RETENTION
We only retain personal information that we collected from you when there is an ongoing legitimate business need to do so.
When the legitimate business needs to process your personal information has terminated, we will either delete or anonymize it. We will store your personal information in a secure location and isolate it from any further processing until it is deleted.
For registered users, access to certain information associated with your Account can be accessed by logging into our Services or emailing email@example.com. If you decide to terminate your Account with us, any public activity on your Account may remain stored on our servers and may remain accessible to the public prior to deletion.
We are also taking reasonable steps to verify your identity before we can take action on the information that you have provided. This is done to protect your privacy and security. We will periodically store or archive your personal information according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. You can access, update or correct your information but we may limit your ability to do so if the acts mentioned in the following instances:
- prevent IRON ORBIT from complying with a legal obligation;
- prevent IRON ORBIT from investigating, making or defending legal claims;
- a third party’s personal information will be compromised the process; or
- result in prejudice or breach of a contract, or compromise of trade secrets or other proprietary business assets belonging to IRON ORBIT or a third party.
8) YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
For residents of the EEA, the following are the rights provided by law:
- You can access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, restrict the processing of your personal information, or ask for portability of your personal information by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of newsletters and other marketing communications that we send at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the emails. For other forms of marketing, you may opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your personal information that we have obtained with your consent. This withdrawal of your consent will not, however, retroact nor affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your objection, nor will it have any effect on the processing of your personal information done upon our reliance lawful processing grounds other than your consent.
- You can complain to a data protection authority about a wrongful collection and use of your personal information. Please contact your local data protection authority for further information.
We have the obligation to respond to all requests received from individuals wanting to exercise their data protection rights consistent with applicable data protection laws.
9) YOUR CHOICES
You can avail of some services even without registration, hence, limiting the type of information that we collect from you.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us, you may also do so by following the instructions found at the end of the email. In case that you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or for other similar purposes.
10) CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
12) INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS