IronOrbit Hosted SharePoint has so many advantages for the small business and for the large enterprise.
The benefits of SharePoint Application Hosting
- Accessible (it’s aaccessible from anywhere with any Internet-connected computer, tablet, or smartphone)
- More secure (it’s protected by our enterprise-level Orbital Security System)
- Cost-effective (it doesn’t require the purchase of any onsite servers or the hiring of any on-premise IT personnel)
- Scalable (it’s possible to add users and storage to it at any time)
- Faster and more reliable (it comes with Atomic Speed Technology and 24x7x365 infrastructure monitoring and maintenance) than a locally-installed version of Microsoft SharePoint.
With IronOrbit Hosted SharePoint, onsite employees are able to share files and collaborate with offsite workers. Meaning their colleagues at other offices, telecommuters, project partners, and contractors.
Also, businesses are able to simply add new users whenever a new person joins the organization or project. As well as add capacity to the SharePoint deployment whenever its storage space is running low.
The benefits of IronOrbit Hosted SharePoint include reduced IT costs and higher levels of productivity and collaboration.
Meanwhile, SharePoint is just as accessible, secure, cost-effective, scalable, and reliable when deployed with IronOrbit Hosted Desktops.
The advantage of deploying SharePoint with our Hosted Desktops instead of as an Application Hosting solution, however, is that users can access all of their applications (SharePoint included) from a Hosted Desktop.
As a result, IronOrbit Hosted Desktop users are not only able to access all of the files in the SharePoint repository. But, they’re also capable of opening and utilizing these files as well. Regardless of whether they’re accessing the Virtual Desktop from a computer, thin client, or smartphone.
An Application Hosting solution user, in comparison, would only be able to open a file on SharePoint if he had an application compatible with the file installed on his device. And since desktop-level applications can’t be installed on thin clients, tablets, and smartphones, the user would only be able to open files on a PC.
The benefits of deploying SharePoint with IronOrbit Hosted Desktops therefore include:
- More convenience. Access your SharePoint files from anywhere and with any device
- Increased productivity. It’s like taking a fully-equipped onsite PC workstation with you everywhere you go
- Decreased hardware costs. Access high-powered applications and terabytes of files from low-cost thin clients, netbooks, or mobile devices
- Increased collaboration. With mobile access to all of the files and collaboration tools you need, you’re always in touch with your colleagues
- Increased centralization. With an anywhere-accessible SharePoint, there’s no reason to save your files on a local drive that your colleagues can’t access
To deploy Microsoft SharePoint as either an Application Hosting solution or in combination with our Hosted Desktops, contact IronOrbit, a leading Application Hosting provider, at (888) 753-5060 or [email protected] today!