As you have probably noticed by now, technology sometimes fails. And it usually fails at the most inopportune times, like when you are trying to prepare for a major presentation or you are finalizing a report that is due the next day. If you use technology at your business, chances are you going to need technical support somewhere down the line.
Despite the moments of sheer panic that nearly every person has experienced due to technology fiascos, many businesses fail to see the need of technical support. According to Erik Eckel at TechRepublic, having insufficient tech support is one of the 10 biggest mistakes a company can make, and that companies, especially small businesses who don’t have the budget to hire an in-house IT specialist, need trusted partners “who are proficient with current technologies and willing to help learn their industry’s operations requirements.”
A branch of tech support that is growing rapidly in popularity is remote tech support (usually used for software issues, not hardware). Here’s how it usually works.
- Call IronOrbit at (888) 603-9030, and our staff will provide you with an access code.
- Access the portal on our site (provided by staff), and enter your name and the aforementioned code.
- Once you hit “enter,” a connection will be initiated (you may be prompted to download a plugin).
- You will then be asked if our technician has permission to access your screen and enable sharing control of your mouse and keyboard.
- Once they have control, all you have to do is sit back and wait as they take care of the problem (although you do have ultimate control over your computer and can end the session at any time).
Our knowledgeable staff of IT specialists is here to help you, whether that’s by coming to your business or helping you remotely. We can provide remote support for a wide range of problems: virus removal, system maintenance, spyware removal, printing issues and many more. Best of all, these services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So if you are having trouble accessing Microsoft Word at 3:00 AM and are panicking because the proposal you are working on needs to be submitted at 8:00, just contact us.